The state forums are chaired by the local State or Territory Deputy Commissioner and provide an avenue for Deputy Commissioners to address ESO leaders and to deliver a consistent message to the ex-service community.
The local Deputy Commissioner is responsible for appointing members in consultation with the Secretary and the Minister for Veterans’ Affairs. Membership is drawn from some or all of the following:
- Australian Federation of Totally and Permanently Incapacitated Ex-Servicemen and Women (TPI)
- Australian Peacekeepers & Peacemakers Veterans Association Inc
- Australian Veterans’ and Defence Services Council (AVADSC)
- Defence Force Welfare Association (DFWA)
- Partners of Veterans’ Association (PVA)
- Returned & Services League of Australia (RSL)
- Vietnam Veterans’ Association of Australia (VVAA)
- Vietnam Veterans Federation of Australia (VVFA)
- War Widows Guild of Australia.
There is flexibility to invite additional participants where relevant to specific or local issues and the agenda of meetings.
Following are the terms of reference, membership, meeting schedules and meeting summaries, for the eight NCF State and Territory forums: