Office of Australian War Graves (OAWG)
The OAWG has three roles:
- to maintain war cemeteries and individual war graves in Australia and the region
- to commemorate eligible veterans who died post-war and whose deaths were caused by their war service
- to build and maintain national memorials overseas (e.g. at Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum in Thailand).
- Temporary Exhibition at the Franco-Australian Museum, Villers-Bretonneux, France
- Completed Works at the Australian National Memorial, Villers-Bretonneux, France
- Anzac Day 2015, Sandakan Memorial Park, Sabah, Malaysia
- Anzac Day 2015, Hellfire Pass, Kanchanaburi, Thailand
- Anzac Day Services in Papua New Guinea, 2015
- Opening of the Battle of Fromelles Museum, Fromelles, France, 18 July 2014
- Updates to the Australian Remembrance Trail in France, May 2014
- Updates to the Australian Remembrance Trail along the Western Front, January 2014
Current projects overseas
See the News section for information on current projects both within Australia and Overseas and Past News for all archived stories. See also the War Memorials section.