1. The Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) is responsible for organizing certain commemorative events (Commemorations). To attend a Commemoration, a person must have an attendance pass or an official invitation. DVA is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This document contains privacy information in relation to personal information collected in connection with applications for attendance passes to Commemorations.
2. Applications for attendance passes may be made online, by using a paper form, or over the phone, and may be made by a person on their own behalf, or on behalf of another person.
4. DVA has contracted Ticketek Pty Ltd (Ticketek) to provide an online application system and a system for issuing attendance passes. The information that you provide (on your own behalf or on behalf of another person) using the online application system will be held by Ticketek and will be provided to DVA. Applications made using a paper form or over the phone will be received by DVA directly. Information that you provide to DVA (on your own behalf or on behalf of another person) may be provided to Ticketek. In this Policy, Information means the information that you provide on your own behalf or on behalf of another person in relation to the Commemorations, or any part of that information.
5. Ticketek and its related entities will not use or disclose the Information for marketing or promotional purposes. DVA may use the Information for the purpose of sending marketing material and information about future commemorative events, but will only do so with your permission.
6. DVA and Ticketek require the Information for the following purposes (Purposes):
a. determining eligibility to attend the Commemorations;
b. issuing attendance passes;
c. if you (or the person on whose behalf you are applying for an attendance pass) are successful in securing an attendance pass, managing attendance at the commemorations, in relation to the commemorations and management of the event which may include consular, diplomatic, law enforcement and security-related activities; and
d. any other purpose permitted by Australian privacy law in the circumstances.
7. In order to carry out the Purposes, DVA may disclose the Information to those involved in organising and managing the event and may also disclose the Information to relevant government agencies (domestic and foreign, Federal or State) including law enforcement and security agencies. You consent to relevant government agencies sharing the Information to further the Purposes. DVA intends to request that each foreign recipient handles the Information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
8. You are under no obligation to provide the information requested or to consent to its disclosure, but you, or the person on whose behalf you are applying for an attendance pass, will not be able to receive an attendance pass if you do not do so.
Telephone: 133 254
Regional Callers: 1800 555 254
Or write to:
Department of Veterans’ Affairs
GPO Box 9998
CANBERRA ACT 2601