The 'Cooking For One or Two' program is designed to improve confidence in preparing a variety of healthy meals using easy cooking techniques.
The program includes six sessions and can be conducted by a facilitator who does not require any formal cooking qualifications.
For more information on ‘Cooking For One or Two’ contact DVA on:
- 133 254
- 1800 555 254
The facilitator’s kit contains:
- Group Leader’s Manual
- ‘Adding Life to Your Years – The Cookbook’
- ‘Cooking for One or Two’ video tape of six sessions
- ‘The Right Mix’ standard drinks glass
Group Leader’s Manual
This book provides you with all the details on running a 'Cooking for One or Two' course, including:
- Equipment and utensils
- Shopping lists for ingredients
- Organising a program, including inviting participants
- Personal hygiene and food handling rules
- Step by step instructions for conducting a class and preparing recipes
- Meal plans
- Health information
- Evaluation forms and participation certificates
'Cooking For One or Two' is a basic cooking program conducted via Veteran & Community Grants funding. Groups and organisations are encourage to apply for a grant to conduct this program.
Updated and reprinted December 2005.