The Commission has five members:
- the President of the Repatriation Commission
- the Deputy President of the Repatriation Commission
- the Services member of the Repatriation Commission
- a person nominated by the Minister responsible for the SRCA
- a person nominated by the Minister for Defence.
The membership of the MRCC expanded to include an additional position nominated by the Minister for Defence when amendments to the MRCA related to the Review of Military Compensation Arrangements came into effect in late June 2013. An appointment to this position has not yet been made.
The MRCC sub– committee, comprising the three members of the Repatriation Commission, considers routine administrative matters but its decisions have no legal effect until ratified by the full Commission.